Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Having a Ball

Sweet Sam by Justin and Kelly Webb
Sweet Sam, a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

It's no secret that I am a huge tennis fan....I love playing it. I love watching it. And I am excited about the possibility of one of our children enjoying it as well. Because lessons start at 4 yrs, Caleb has been the only child of ours to ever get on a tennis court and play...until this past weekend. Caleb & Sam were invited to a super cool tennis birthday party at the Sports Core on Saturday. Levi was in Caleb's preschool and Lila is currently in Sam's preschool (Levi & Lila are siblings). Both boys had a great time...Caleb just loves being at a party - -he made new friends, laughed alot and enjoyed hitting the tennis ball again. Sam was absolutely THRILLED to be on the court. He could not have been happier...or more confident in his ability. Within one minute, he ditched the 4 year olds and sprinted onto the court with the 6 year olds. By far the smallest little kid on the court, but just as good. I was so proud - - he was prouder. He was ambitious even about picking up the balls...he would go as fast as he could and was the happiest ball-picker-upper out there. He would oftentimes look up at me and give me the thumbs up (and a huge grin). It was adorable.

And since the party, the kids have been all about tennis (i'm quietly screaming with excitement). I have been feeding tennis balls to each of them (including izzy) in the house (just volleys). And today, as I was getting ready to....well, play tennis, Izzy asked if she could wear a tennis skirt too. Of COURSE she has a few, and I happily put one on her with a pair of leggings. We were both as happy as could be. ha.

Other super fun things lately:
- before spring break, Caleb had "grandparent/special friend day" at school. He was happy that grandma spent time with him in his classroom...and the lunchroom. ha.
- this Sunday was the opening of a new exhibit at the Art Center...this new exhibit just so happens to display various masterpieces by all the preschool students. :) There was a nice celebration/private showing for preschool families & friends. Sam was very happy to have our family & my parent there praising his work....he was just sooo proud.
- tomorrow Sam has a field trip with his school...we are heading to Maywood Environmental Park. I am pretty excited about this one - - I think we are learning about tapping trees/making maple syrup. yum.
- Sunday, the boys are going to be back on the tennis courts. They are participating in a 2 hour "Tennis Carnival" at the Sports Core and are really looking forward to it. I suspect I'll be home with Izzy, feeding tennis balls in my living room....wearing our tennis skirts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home