Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Kid Report

Sweet Caleb by Justin and Kelly Webb
Sweet Caleb a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.
We had a really nice weekend...great mix of things to do, yet not over-doing it. We all went swimming Saturday morning and had a "movie theater" night...meaning, you could pick which movie you wanted and you either headed to the basement for some Star Wars movie or stayed upstairs with me and watch the Cars movie. Justin & Caleb picked the basement. Today, we went to church, had lunch out, watched Brayden's soccer game and then we went to Amy's for a family dinner to celebrate Dave's birthday!! Super nice weekend...the kids had alot of fun.

And speaking of kids....
Caleb: So last week I had a parent/teacher conference w/ Caleb's teacher. The usual was said/asked. She said she asked each student to name their favorite part about school...Caleb's response: "learning." Not recess, not gym, not art....just learning. His teacher also commented on what a big heart he has and said she rarely gets students who are so socially mature and thoughtful. She asked me again if I work with him at home on math b/c "well, he understand the concept of multiplication already." "yep, he started that last year actually." "WHY?" "he just loves and really understands numbers - it's how his little brain works. He has honestly done subtraction problems in his head faster than me." So - needless to say he had a great report...supposedly he is a "teacher's dream." He's not so dreamy when he gets home though. School makes him crabby sometimes and he's not always terribly excited about going. He never cries about it or ever asks to stay home, but he is not running to the car every day either. Funny thing from this past week though: He tried school lunch ...and unfortunately he loved it. I say unfortunately b/c although they are using whole wheat every chance they can (even pizza crusts), as well as adding plenty of fruits/veges, I know that crap is loaded w/ preservatives. I'd rather pack his lunch. We went through the menu for this week and he wants hot lunch every day. sigh.

Sam: Sam I think is back to 100% since surgery. I'm still waiting for his "normal" voice to return though...he sounds like a cartoon character. And since the surgery - NO MORE SNORING. It's unbelievable. He used to come into our bed 90% of the time (to toss and turn) and I think since the surgery, he has crawled in our bed ONCE. The other crazy change the surgery has made: no more bed wetting. Why removing tonsils/adnoids affects bed wetting is beyond me, but I'm happy to report that he is officially out of nighttime pull-ups. Thank goodness....I thought 4 was alittle old for these. He is SO proud of himself. So the doctor also said that this surgery usually improves behavior... we have not quite received this benefit yet. He is actually more manic...one minute he is more helpful than EVER, the next he is a screaming his head off b/c his ball went under the couch. It's weird. It's annoying....well, half the time.

Izzy: 2 things with Izzy these days. Her speaking/vocabulary is crazy good. On Thursday 4 people commented on it after realizing how old she is. The woman who works in the Kids Core said that Izzy talks better than most 3 year olds that she sees. She talks better and she certainly talks more. Good grief, it's tiring. The other thing that Izzy is "into" that wears me out is potty training. I still have not committed to it, which I know is my problem and is making this drag on and on but....I just don't want to do it yet. Izzy is so funny about it though. She is obsessed with the toilet ...and what ends up IN the toilet. She talks to "'it".....I hear this alot "oooh, hi little turd." And my favorite was the other day, I got out of the shower and she was completely naked and pointed to her little toilet and said "mom, that is not playdoh in there. do not play with it. It's NOT playdoh. It's gross. It is a big big big big big big turd. Do not play with it, mama." And for the record, I don't know why she uses the word "turd" ...I have called her that a few times, but that's about it. The boys don't use that term either. Weird...but sooo Izzy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh. Hilarious! For the record, Paige was all about school lunch in 1st grade and while I see the effort to make it healthier, it still gags me. Now? She might buy once a week.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home