Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cool and Not Cool


Happy Caleb
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
Cool: Perfect snow yesterday...we got well over 6 inches (I think). The hill is ready for sleds & snowboards!
Not Cool: I had to go out 3 times to clean it up
Cool: Cleaning it up means great exercise and lots of fresh air....I don't use the 4-wheeler on all of it - - I do plenty of shoveling. This is seriously the highlight of Sammy's day.

Cool: Isabella's speech/vocabulary is crazy good. I get comments about it all the time, like I did with Caleb. Yesterday at the Kid's Core a woman asked how old Izzy is, after she overheard a conversation she and I were having. I told her she just turned 2 and the woman said "oh my gosh - she is amazing. she talks as well, if not better than my 3 year old."
Uncool: She talks like a 3 year old...meaning, she tells me things are "stupid" and calls people names (like do-do head, or poopie). I know she gets these things from Caleb/Sam, but it is still shocking to me to hear such a little person saying these things. It's SO uncool.

Cool: My now-2 year old is very independant and likes to do things on her own. I have mentioned before that she likes to take off/hang up her jacket w/ no help. She seems like such a big girl and I appreciate her just doing these things on her own.
Uncool: "I DO IT" gets really old...especially when we're in a hurry.

Cool: School fundraisers that do not involve us selling stuff.
Uncool: School fundraisers at McDonalds. Seriously - barf. I have not eaten at a McD's in years. There is not a restaurant I dislike more. They are not serving food...it just can't count as food b/c it's just THAT artificial. disgusting.
Cool: Caleb's school spirit. He soooo wanted to help out the school and has been reminding me for days. He even starts the conversation by saying "I know you HATE McDonald's, BUT...."
Cool: I don't have to cook AND we can still help the school if we go through the drive-thru.
Uncool: Kids spot a huge playland and BEG to go in. I have never taken my kids into a fast food place on my own. Seriously. Never. Anyway, kids win...I actually take them in. Into a McD's...Justin would fall over if he knew what I was doing. I am out of my element.
Cool: Caleb's good friends from school are there...he is thrilled. He ate with his best friend, Samuel (who has a brother Sam's age). Caleb & Sam have a BLAST. I am actually feeling good about going there, despite what I made my kids eat.
Uncool: you have to be 3 years old in order to play on the equipment there. Izzy decides it's a good time to use the word "stupid". I actually agree this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home