Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Holiday Fun





What a fun & crazy holiday we have had. Lots to celebrate (birthdays & christmas) and lots of people to enjoy the holiday with. There is way too much to write about so I'll stick to the highlights:
1) Sam & Izzy both enjoyed their Birthdays. Sam absolutely loved his party...and it was such a silly, non-eventful party (per his request). It's the simple things with him and I sooo appreciate that! Izzy was VERY much into opening presents this year and was very happy to get more girlie things.
2) Family time...Justin's parents stayed with us from the 21st - 27th and Kay was at my parents from the 23 - 27th. We did lots together as one big family...all 15 of us out to restaurants and at my parents house for very yummy dinners!!
3) Watching kids enjoy their new favorite things...Caleb is loving the Nintendo DS and his snowboard. I have been SO impressed with his determination (and skill level!!) to master his snowboard. Sam has loved his new sleds...as you can see, he just lights up when he is outside enjoying his new toys. He has also absolutely loved his new "shaving kit" - - he proudly shaves every morning with Justin and then excitedly asks me to feel how smooth his little cheeks are afterwards. I think this is a highlight for him (and Justin) every day. Izzy has loved having new toys around that are specifically for HER. I really have not bought her much until this birthday/christmas, so these girlie toys are SUPER fun for her and keep her entertained for a long time.
4) Cleaning out the house. This normally is not a highlight for me, but for some reason I am in the mood to clean out, give away and reorganize. It's refreshing. The kids are enjoying their "new" playroom in the basement and they helped Justin and I clean it out.
5) Sam & Izzy had their annual check up today. I knew Sammy just went through a growth spurt, but he has gone from being in the 50% for height to the 70%...he is over 41 inches tall and he weighs 36 pounds (50%). Izzy is 33.5 inches tall (50%) and 24 pounds (20%). The highlight of the appointment: the doctor (who is a family friend and Sam's best friend's mom) brought a super yummy homemade dinner for us to help me out alittle while I recover from yet another eye surgery (yuck).

So the eye surgery has been my big bummer/surprise this week...I had my routine 6 month check up on Monday and she said it needed to be done right away. But...I focus on the positives in all of this and am reminded how lucky I am to 1) live around family who is always happy to help out 2) have a husband who cleaned like crazy so I would have one less thing to stress about...and did everything else I normally would've done w/o complaining 3) have kids that show so much concern when mom is not herself. Even Izzy asked me if I was sad, hurt, okay. Caleb needed to be completely honest tonight at the dinner table though and said "mom, it's kind of hard to look at you b/c your eye looks really gross." I think this means I won't look my best tomorrow night...oh well. I can see. 4) have a great eye specialist in town who catches these things before they become major problems. 5) have such caring friends around. Again, not a good highlight of the week, but certainly reminds me of the good things that surround me every day and for that I am grateful. Hard to look at, but grateful. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home