New Things
New Things #1: A new sport for the boys - hockey! I'm not sure what I was thinking when I suggested to Justin that we take the boys to an indoor ice center for a free open skate for new potential hockey players. I simply wanted to see if they had ANY interest in getting on ice skates and how they would do. Well, both boys LOVED it, did surprisingly well (no frustration and no tears - shocking for 1st time on ice skates) and they decided they both wanted to do it again so we signed them up for lessons together. Great! The bad thing is that a) it's another thing added to our crazy calendar b) sooo much equipment to rent, and therefore alittle more $ than I originally thought...the open skate was free afterall!! and c) man it's cold in there....must wear warm warm clothes to watch and a bum warmer if I ever make it to the bleachers. I have to say that little Sam looks hilarious on the ice....and he actually looks like he belongs there.
New Thing #2: So every morning, for the past month, Izzy wakes up at 5:30...I go into her room and tell her it's not time to get up. She cries and yells "beckfast" and I tell her "not yet", I rub her back and I leave....and she screams. The screaming wakes up Caleb, he comes into our room and I tell him to go back to bed. It's like clockwork. Well....two mornings in a row, I go into Izzy's room and tell her it's not time for "beckfast" and she lays back down and says "okay mommy". no crying, just 'okay mommy'. It is a DELIGHTFUL new thing.
New Thing #3: Any time I unzip Izzy's jacket, SHE takes it off (doesn't want the help) and walks over to the closet and hangs it up. I have never asked her to do this, she just does it. It's soooo cute. If only I could get her brothers to do the same....
New Thing #4: First parent/teacher conference for Sam. All great remarks...they said he is a leader in the class (hahaha), very independent, good listener (huh???), knows all letters/etc, good friend, great helper (my little worker), and great motor skills. My only surprise - - he has shown a side that I have only seen on the soccer field - - an annoyance with others that don't "get it" or "follow the rules"....she said he is repectful, but clearly gets annoyed. I don't know why, but I thought this was funny.
New Thing #2: So every morning, for the past month, Izzy wakes up at 5:30...I go into her room and tell her it's not time to get up. She cries and yells "beckfast" and I tell her "not yet", I rub her back and I leave....and she screams. The screaming wakes up Caleb, he comes into our room and I tell him to go back to bed. It's like clockwork. Well....two mornings in a row, I go into Izzy's room and tell her it's not time for "beckfast" and she lays back down and says "okay mommy". no crying, just 'okay mommy'. It is a DELIGHTFUL new thing.
New Thing #3: Any time I unzip Izzy's jacket, SHE takes it off (doesn't want the help) and walks over to the closet and hangs it up. I have never asked her to do this, she just does it. It's soooo cute. If only I could get her brothers to do the same....
New Thing #4: First parent/teacher conference for Sam. All great remarks...they said he is a leader in the class (hahaha), very independent, good listener (huh???), knows all letters/etc, good friend, great helper (my little worker), and great motor skills. My only surprise - - he has shown a side that I have only seen on the soccer field - - an annoyance with others that don't "get it" or "follow the rules"....she said he is repectful, but clearly gets annoyed. I don't know why, but I thought this was funny.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home