Happy Halloween!
We have had a great long & spooky weekend. Caleb was off school on Thursday & Friday, and we found lots of great things to do to keep us happy and busy.
Thursday highlights: I took them all out to an adorable bakery for doughnuts. I have NEVER done this. Seriously a HUGE treat ...for all of us. yum. We did more Halloween crafts and watched a few Halloween shows.
Friday highlights: Sports Core - I got to play tennis, the kids had a little Halloween party & went trick or treating around the facility. Afterwards, I took the boys to a Halloween party at the Children's Museum - - they had a blast.
Saturday highlight: Trick-or-Treating! We went to my parents house first and then headed to Amy's neighborhood. They had so much fun, but they all enjoy it in their own way. Caleb is all about looking at other costumes...he would yell at other "Marios" or "Luigi's" and LOVED it when people would comment on his costume. One older kid, dressed as a zombie, told him that the Mario costume was his favorite and I think that was the highlight of Caleb's night...he LIT UP. I don't think Caleb cares that much about the candy - - he was just happy to be running and laughing with Sam & their friend Alec and talking to other random kids. Sam, on the other hand, wants the candy. He will trick-or-treat until he can't walk anymore (or the handle on his pumpkin breaks....which seriously happened at the last house). The kid is on a mission...he has no idea what other kids are wearing, but he knows which houses give out alot of candy...or matchbox cars. And Izzy did a GREAT job this year. She would march right up to the door and say "tick a teet"..followed by "tanks" (thanks) and would hop right back into the wagon, holding onto her pumpkin VERY tightly. Like Sam (and me) she has a pretty good sweet tooth, so she was very happy with all the candy. But she also takes after Caleb and is happy to look around and watch other kids. So...she was often seen sitting back in the wagon, eating candy and watching other kids. If she wasn't saying "tick a teet or tanks" she was saying "canny (candy), mmmmm, goood"
Today: Beautiful fall day...the boys played outside with the neighbors almost ALL afternoon. I made a big pot of chili and my parents came over for dinner. Now Sammy is sleeping and finally has his watchdog eyes off his candy-filled pumpkin...I'm going to go find myself a bedtime snack.
Thursday highlights: I took them all out to an adorable bakery for doughnuts. I have NEVER done this. Seriously a HUGE treat ...for all of us. yum. We did more Halloween crafts and watched a few Halloween shows.
Friday highlights: Sports Core - I got to play tennis, the kids had a little Halloween party & went trick or treating around the facility. Afterwards, I took the boys to a Halloween party at the Children's Museum - - they had a blast.
Saturday highlight: Trick-or-Treating! We went to my parents house first and then headed to Amy's neighborhood. They had so much fun, but they all enjoy it in their own way. Caleb is all about looking at other costumes...he would yell at other "Marios" or "Luigi's" and LOVED it when people would comment on his costume. One older kid, dressed as a zombie, told him that the Mario costume was his favorite and I think that was the highlight of Caleb's night...he LIT UP. I don't think Caleb cares that much about the candy - - he was just happy to be running and laughing with Sam & their friend Alec and talking to other random kids. Sam, on the other hand, wants the candy. He will trick-or-treat until he can't walk anymore (or the handle on his pumpkin breaks....which seriously happened at the last house). The kid is on a mission...he has no idea what other kids are wearing, but he knows which houses give out alot of candy...or matchbox cars. And Izzy did a GREAT job this year. She would march right up to the door and say "tick a teet"..followed by "tanks" (thanks) and would hop right back into the wagon, holding onto her pumpkin VERY tightly. Like Sam (and me) she has a pretty good sweet tooth, so she was very happy with all the candy. But she also takes after Caleb and is happy to look around and watch other kids. So...she was often seen sitting back in the wagon, eating candy and watching other kids. If she wasn't saying "tick a teet or tanks" she was saying "canny (candy), mmmmm, goood"
Today: Beautiful fall day...the boys played outside with the neighbors almost ALL afternoon. I made a big pot of chili and my parents came over for dinner. Now Sammy is sleeping and finally has his watchdog eyes off his candy-filled pumpkin...I'm going to go find myself a bedtime snack.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home