A Sweet Weekend
We had a super fun weekend with Justin's brother Chris and his family. They arrived late Thursday night, which meant we had two full days to spend with them. They chose this weekend specifically b/c of the Food & Wine Show in Kohler (which, btw, I highly recommend attending...and I think they are going to try to make this an annual trip!!).
Anyway, Friday the kids were outside all day - - on the swingset, on jeeps/tractor/bikes, raking leaves and/or playing soccer....or just running free!! They played hard and had a great time together. While they had their fun, Jen & I had our fun at a wine & chocolate show. It was unbelievable. I think at one point I said to Jen "I am in heaven." We ran into my mom & one of her friends and had a drink with them in the FREE Stella Artois beer tent (sooo cool). Friday evening, we took the kids to the Halloween party at Caleb's school. They were all happy to be in their costumes, play games and get a few fun Halloween treats. After the Halloween party, we had a big bonfire and enjoyed a few beverages and s'mores while the kids snoozed (and they had NO problem going to sleep!).
Saturday was the day for Justin & Chris to enjoy a seminar....they chose a whiskey tasting....at 10:15am (it was Justin's Birthday, so why not?). They both loved it, learned a bit from it and then enjoyed a nice lunch together and then hit the same free beer tent. While the guys had fun together, Jen and I held down the fort...it wasn't hard - the kids played SOOO nicely together. It was rainy, so they played Wii, board games, legos and then did a few Halloween arts/crafts. Saturday night our babysitter came over so Justin, Chris, Jen & I could attend the Grand Wine Tasting. Sooooo fun to sample so many good wines....and then we all needed to fill our bellies w/ food so we hit the Horse & Plow in the American Club afterwards....and b/c Jen & I still had chocolate on the brain, we went to the Craverie for alittle dessert. :)
Chris & Jen headed out Sunday morning and after church we spent time w/ Amy's family and my parents. Overall, a great (and very sweet) weekend.
One of the games at the Halloween party on Friday night was a "guess the weight of the big pumpkin"....well, we found out today that Caleb actually guessed the weight (80 lbs). He was SOOO proud. Apparently the principal called him to the office to let him know and to congratulate him - ha! (and when asked if being called to the office by the principal made him nervous, he looked at me like I was crazy and said "no way!!"). Anyway - he proudly brought home a HUGE basket full of fun Halloween goodies....it was actually so big that I needed to go to the office to pick it up. Sweeeet!!!
Anyway, Friday the kids were outside all day - - on the swingset, on jeeps/tractor/bikes, raking leaves and/or playing soccer....or just running free!! They played hard and had a great time together. While they had their fun, Jen & I had our fun at a wine & chocolate show. It was unbelievable. I think at one point I said to Jen "I am in heaven." We ran into my mom & one of her friends and had a drink with them in the FREE Stella Artois beer tent (sooo cool). Friday evening, we took the kids to the Halloween party at Caleb's school. They were all happy to be in their costumes, play games and get a few fun Halloween treats. After the Halloween party, we had a big bonfire and enjoyed a few beverages and s'mores while the kids snoozed (and they had NO problem going to sleep!).
Saturday was the day for Justin & Chris to enjoy a seminar....they chose a whiskey tasting....at 10:15am (it was Justin's Birthday, so why not?). They both loved it, learned a bit from it and then enjoyed a nice lunch together and then hit the same free beer tent. While the guys had fun together, Jen and I held down the fort...it wasn't hard - the kids played SOOO nicely together. It was rainy, so they played Wii, board games, legos and then did a few Halloween arts/crafts. Saturday night our babysitter came over so Justin, Chris, Jen & I could attend the Grand Wine Tasting. Sooooo fun to sample so many good wines....and then we all needed to fill our bellies w/ food so we hit the Horse & Plow in the American Club afterwards....and b/c Jen & I still had chocolate on the brain, we went to the Craverie for alittle dessert. :)
Chris & Jen headed out Sunday morning and after church we spent time w/ Amy's family and my parents. Overall, a great (and very sweet) weekend.
One of the games at the Halloween party on Friday night was a "guess the weight of the big pumpkin"....well, we found out today that Caleb actually guessed the weight (80 lbs). He was SOOO proud. Apparently the principal called him to the office to let him know and to congratulate him - ha! (and when asked if being called to the office by the principal made him nervous, he looked at me like I was crazy and said "no way!!"). Anyway - he proudly brought home a HUGE basket full of fun Halloween goodies....it was actually so big that I needed to go to the office to pick it up. Sweeeet!!!


1 Comments:
I'm drooling! Was that the intent? And I'm sure the though of going to the principal because he was in TROUBLE never crossed his mind - because it will never happen!
Post a Comment
<< Home