Sighs of Relief
I sit here tonight, relieved for a few reasons:
1) After 5 days of a high fever, Sammy is finally cool again. Poor guy has missed hockey, swimming, school and will still miss a field trip tomorrow. He is still not back to "normal", but I'm just glad his head is no longer on fire...and he's in his own bed - finally!
2) After weeks of practice, the volunteer organization I belong to had their annual charity ball, where we put on a big show (spouses included!). Justin LOVED being on stage (anyone surprised?)...and truth be told, I had fun learning a skit and performing as well. It was a SUPER fun night, but I'm glad it's over b/c it was time consuming...practices, soliciting silent auction items, setting up silent auction the day before, etc. I just feel relieved. It was a huge sucess and it's over. Aaaaah!
3) Caleb made it through his first hockey lesson and left the ice with a huge smile on his face and walking confidently on hockey skates. :) He was also bumped into level 3 in swimming this week. His teacher approached me after class and said how quickly he is learning....again, this is just such a relief for me.
4) This is actually Caleb's "sigh of relief": no more spanish class. Last week, they had their final "fiesta" and he was very happy....he told me a few weeks ago that he no longer enjoyed spanish b/c "it is boring....and I just prefer the English language." Fair enough. I actually prefer him home early from school anyway.
5) Our new porch is done (see pics! we still have to paint the home, but that will happen in the spring) and our roof is almost done. This means - no more workers around and no more money spent on the house. HUGE relief!!!
1) After 5 days of a high fever, Sammy is finally cool again. Poor guy has missed hockey, swimming, school and will still miss a field trip tomorrow. He is still not back to "normal", but I'm just glad his head is no longer on fire...and he's in his own bed - finally!
2) After weeks of practice, the volunteer organization I belong to had their annual charity ball, where we put on a big show (spouses included!). Justin LOVED being on stage (anyone surprised?)...and truth be told, I had fun learning a skit and performing as well. It was a SUPER fun night, but I'm glad it's over b/c it was time consuming...practices, soliciting silent auction items, setting up silent auction the day before, etc. I just feel relieved. It was a huge sucess and it's over. Aaaaah!
3) Caleb made it through his first hockey lesson and left the ice with a huge smile on his face and walking confidently on hockey skates. :) He was also bumped into level 3 in swimming this week. His teacher approached me after class and said how quickly he is learning....again, this is just such a relief for me.
4) This is actually Caleb's "sigh of relief": no more spanish class. Last week, they had their final "fiesta" and he was very happy....he told me a few weeks ago that he no longer enjoyed spanish b/c "it is boring....and I just prefer the English language." Fair enough. I actually prefer him home early from school anyway.
5) Our new porch is done (see pics! we still have to paint the home, but that will happen in the spring) and our roof is almost done. This means - no more workers around and no more money spent on the house. HUGE relief!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home