My Sweet Smart Sam
I have spent alot more time with Sam in the last week than I normally do (given his illness). And spending this time with him - - playing more games, having more conversations with him, and really listening to him has reminded me that Caleb is not the only smarty pants in the family. Sam has an unbelievable memory and he really pays attention to the little details. Examples: (first one to demonstrate the unbelievable memory) he drew a map at school and labelled various things (our home, amy's house, granny's house, grandpa's work, chicago, etc) and one of the things he added was "brock's house, our old neighbor". Brock was, indeed, our neighbor but Brock is about 6 years older than Sam, we haven't talked about Brock since our move (we don't even have a picture of Brock), and Sam was 2 1/2 when we moved here!!! How that kid remembered him/his name is beyond me. I just found this map in the car today and was amazed. example of attention to detail: oooh, I could give a million of these....today in the Target parking lot Sam points out the window and says "that's Angela's car." "It is? how do you know?" (she is in Sam's preschool) "That's the type of car they have and they have black door handles on their car." I look around at other cars and notice that no other car has black handles (unless the car is black, which this one is not). I think it's funny that he paid THAT much attention to someone's car (and sure enough - Angela is in Target). He can identify the type of car (or who drives that model) by the look of a tire. Seriously. The kid could also tell me what color shoe his teacher was wearing last week Friday. He also remembers names SUPER well. Better than me. I have honestly asked him what someone's name is (b/c I need to know)....and he tells me.
I will end with a conversation I had w/ Sam & Caleb the other day....
Caleb: Mom, how do you spell "water"?
Sam: "W"
Caleb: I have the "W" already, Sam. (like DUH). What's after the "W"?
Sam: A
Caleb (looking at me): Mom, what's after the "W"?
Sam: I said "A"!!!
Caleb - still looking at me....
Me: Sam is right, it's "A". Good job Sam.
Caleb: What's after the "A" and Sam, please be quiet.
I will end with a conversation I had w/ Sam & Caleb the other day....
Caleb: Mom, how do you spell "water"?
Sam: "W"
Caleb: I have the "W" already, Sam. (like DUH). What's after the "W"?
Sam: A
Caleb (looking at me): Mom, what's after the "W"?
Sam: I said "A"!!!
Caleb - still looking at me....
Me: Sam is right, it's "A". Good job Sam.
Caleb: What's after the "A" and Sam, please be quiet.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home