Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 07, 2011

SUPER Things

Super COOL Thing: THE SUPER BOWL!! It's great to be a Packer Fan right now. Well, it's always great to be a Packer Fan, but now it feels REALLY great. We watched the game at our place with my parents and with Flinn's family. Kids had a blast and the adults ate lots of yummy food and watched a great game!

Super CRAZY Thing: So Izzy turned 2 in December and she is already going to the bathroom in the toilet a few times a day. She is obsessed with the toilet. Per her request, we went out and bought her princess underwear today. I'm not quite ready to potty train her, but I guess she is. Not looking forward to this.

Super UNCOOL Thing (according to Justin): Izzy's flirtatious behavior. Example: Yesterday there were 5 boys in the playroom...Izzy would run to the room and yell "Boys, come chase me!" and then she'd run away...laughing and squealing the entire time. Noone chased her. That didn't stop her from trying and trying again.

Super FUNNY Thing: So Sam had his pre-op appointment today...he needed to go to the lab for blood work. Flinn's mom (our pediatrician) told him what was going to happen in the lab and Sam quickly decided he was NOT going to the lab. Well, he made it to the lab, but he created quite the scene in the quiet waiting room, where about 10-12 sat...and watched. Before they even called his name, he was hiding between my chair and the chair behind me (on the ground). And after he heard his name, he turned into a crazy monkey for the next 5 minutes. 5 minutes is how long it took us to catch him. And when I say "us", I am referring to me and the 3 nice women who helped me catch this wild animal. He oh-so-quickly ran on all fours under chairs, across the room, moving chairs to block us, and yelling/screaming the entire time. People were encouraging Sam and would even say things like "Sam, you get to see Flinn right after this" (they heard me tell him this before). People were helping me move chairs to get to him, and people were laughing - hysterically. So was I. It was seriously soooo funny (aside from how scared my poor Sammy was). I felt like I was on a sitcom. I could not catch him. WE could not catch him. At one point, I just stopped chasing and looked at everyone and said "OH MY GOSH!!!" Did I mention Izzy was also at this appointment...and she was taking off her shoes and socks and throwing them? Yep. A nurse took her for me. Then she came back for my jackets/purse b/c she knew I needed both hands free in order to catch the monkey. Once I finally caught him, I picked him up...along with the chair he desperately hung onto. I put him down, unpeeled his hands and quickly picked him back up...along with the chair. Once again, I needed the help of a woman who,without me even asking, quickly grabbed the chair after I unpeeled his hand from it once more. Then after a few minutes in the lab, he settled down and we were once again walking through the quiet waiting room....where the same familiar faces were looking up at us with HUGE smiles. And in a loud, clear voice Sam said "uuum, mom, don't tell anyone about this, okay?" Laughter again in the waiting room.

Super NICE thing: One of Sam's preschool teachers came over today with a GREAT "recovery bag" for him. Adorable. Thoughtful. Perfect. It made his day. She called him afterward to wish him luck and he thanked her a few times and said "you really spoiled me!!" She did. Umm, the recovery bag had cozy PJs, lots of great art stuff, and good foods for him to eat after the surgery. So super thoughtful and appreciated.

Super FAST: Caleb in the water. He AMAZES me in the pool. The boys had swimming lessons tonight and he just quickly makes his way from one end of the pool to another. I LOVE watching him swim and I just get a kick out of how fast his skinny little body moves in the water. For the first time, Sam opted to skip swimming lessons tonight....he fell asleep on the way to get Caleb from school and didn't wake up until it was time for swimming lessons (about 5:00)! Apparently the "big chase" was exhausting...for him and for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home