This Weeks Report Card
Caleb had the day off so the teachers could work on report cards...I figured I'd make a report card of my own:
Isabella:
Music Class - (first class this week)
Participation: A+ she was by far the youngest one there and was seriously the only one singing and doing hand motions.
Song Memorization: A+ she didn't know ANY of these songs going into the class ...during the song, she picked up on it and would start singing the chorus.
Enthusiasm: A sooooo happy to attend a class of her very own. so proud. She warmed up very quickly to the teacher and new students.
Behavior in Class: C definitely needs improvement....if we were not singing, she was not paying attention and would rather move her carpet square around and run wild. She really didn't care what the teacher was saying...Teacher was not thrilled and I actually didn't really care that much. I'm sure the teacher would've given me a C also. Whatever.
Caleb:
Dentist Appointment: A+ no cavities (yeah!) and during his cleaning/check-up I would occassionally listen in on him/hygenist and he is such a polite and social little kid. I love listening to him and am sooo proud of him in situations like this.
MLK Day: A+ Wow did he learn a ton on Monday and it has really had an impact on him. He has been singing songs about MLK and has been telling me stories every day about him and Rosa Parks. He has such empathy...just cannot understand why people could treat others so poorly and he truly feels badly about it. We have had good talks about it and I'm proud of how much he has learned about him and appreciates what he did...and REALLY thinks about what it was like for black people in this country.
Sam:
Dentist: A- No cavities (not surprised...he is obsessed w/ brushing his teeth), but he was alittle impatient w/ the hygenist when she was trying to take x-rays. I occassionally heard things like "why is this taking you so long?" "you said one more picture and you took one more so I think we are done."
ENT: D I would've failed him on this, but he was SUCH a good kid during the appointment...so sweet and so brave. But, his report from the doctor is that he needs to have his tonsils & adnoids removed. Boo. He snores and stops breathing at night...so, soon after the surgery he will get MUCH better sleep and will therefore, be well rested and will have more energy during the day. Not quite sure how that is possible, but I have been warned. I may ask for them to be put back in....
Isabella:
Music Class - (first class this week)
Participation: A+ she was by far the youngest one there and was seriously the only one singing and doing hand motions.
Song Memorization: A+ she didn't know ANY of these songs going into the class ...during the song, she picked up on it and would start singing the chorus.
Enthusiasm: A sooooo happy to attend a class of her very own. so proud. She warmed up very quickly to the teacher and new students.
Behavior in Class: C definitely needs improvement....if we were not singing, she was not paying attention and would rather move her carpet square around and run wild. She really didn't care what the teacher was saying...Teacher was not thrilled and I actually didn't really care that much. I'm sure the teacher would've given me a C also. Whatever.
Caleb:
Dentist Appointment: A+ no cavities (yeah!) and during his cleaning/check-up I would occassionally listen in on him/hygenist and he is such a polite and social little kid. I love listening to him and am sooo proud of him in situations like this.
MLK Day: A+ Wow did he learn a ton on Monday and it has really had an impact on him. He has been singing songs about MLK and has been telling me stories every day about him and Rosa Parks. He has such empathy...just cannot understand why people could treat others so poorly and he truly feels badly about it. We have had good talks about it and I'm proud of how much he has learned about him and appreciates what he did...and REALLY thinks about what it was like for black people in this country.
Sam:
Dentist: A- No cavities (not surprised...he is obsessed w/ brushing his teeth), but he was alittle impatient w/ the hygenist when she was trying to take x-rays. I occassionally heard things like "why is this taking you so long?" "you said one more picture and you took one more so I think we are done."
ENT: D I would've failed him on this, but he was SUCH a good kid during the appointment...so sweet and so brave. But, his report from the doctor is that he needs to have his tonsils & adnoids removed. Boo. He snores and stops breathing at night...so, soon after the surgery he will get MUCH better sleep and will therefore, be well rested and will have more energy during the day. Not quite sure how that is possible, but I have been warned. I may ask for them to be put back in....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home