Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 18, 2011

A Long Week

I think this may have been the longest week ever for me....and Sam. Here is why:
- There were a few nights when I slept no more than 3 hours.
- Sam's mood swings are UNBELIEVABLE right now....he is either more helpful than ever before, or he is throwing an hour long tantrum over something ridiculous (reason for ONE tantrum today: I didn't have the right cheese in the fridge). Yes, I said an hour long tantrum. We have never had hour long tantrums...ever. With any child.
- Sam and I are both sick of being in this house. I have managed to escape a few times to play tennis...and fortunately, either my mom or our new favorite babysitter (ashley) has stayed to play with Sam. The highlight of the week was going to my parents house for dinner on Thursday night. It was the first time in over a week that Sam got out of the house (other than to take/pick up Caleb from school). Maybe that explains the hour long tantrums. Hmmmmmm.
- I am sick of soft foods. So is Sam. And it upsets him if other people have things that he can't eat, so I just don't serve/offer anything unless it's soft....b/c I'm not good at listening to hour long tantrums.
- Did I mention that Izzy chose this week (and last) to potty train? So far, she has been training herself b/c I'm not ready. I have appeased her by giving her pull-ups with princesses on them so she can go to the bathroom on her own, and she does. She is such a third child. No potty dances for this one. Maybe next month I'll get into it more and get her into the real underwear.
- Justin was gone for the majority of the week, which makes weeks like this even longer. Although he is here for a long weekend, he gets to escape next week for 4 days with his guy friends....to Tampa. He's thrilled (and deserves this). I'm less enthusiastic (and hugely jealous...moms just never take these trips, do they), but I am still very hopeful of a much better week.

Although the week was not terribly enjoyable, I have not overlooked the "little things" that warm my heart. My favorite today: This morning at breakfast I rubbed noses with Izzy and she grabbed my face and looked at me and said "I wuv you too, mom." A mind reader at the age of 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home