Spring Break 2011
We hit sunny Tampa this spring break (need to take advantage of the condo while we can!!). We did some of our "usual" things, and added a few new to keep it all interesting and fun. Justin's parents joined us for a few days and we spent a few extra days on our own. Overall it was a great trip - perfect weather and happy kids....here is a breakdown of our trip:
Monday - travel day, but we still hit the pool when we arrived!
Tuesday - day at the pool. The pool is now perfect for Caleb...he can touch in about a quarter of it and the rest of it he is so comfortable just swimming around on his own...diving for dive rings, cannonballs, or just practicing his strokes. he LOVES the pool and is such a little fish. Sam was great too. He didn't always wear his water wings and practiced his swimming ALOT...so much, in fact, that his swimming teacher noticed a huge difference on Monday! He still has more fun with the beach balls. Izzy says she loves the pool, but I'm not so sure...she did really well, but is more interested in the snacks I bring to the pool.
Wednesday - Zoo. This zoo has been voted #1 zoo by parents magazine and I can see why - - it's great. 2nd time we have been and I'm sure we will visit again. This time, they had a cool Dino Quest exhibit that the boys loved (it was actually pretty cool)...huge dinos that moved/made noises/some even squirted water at you. Huge hit.
Thursday - Water Park! Sammy absolutely loved the water slides...that kid has no fear - he would've gone down any slide I told him too. Caleb enjoyed them too, but he got a bigger kick out of the wave pool. Surprisingly NOONE was at the waterpark...which meant no lines on the waterslides - perfect!! Anyway- Izzy enjoyed the kiddie pool and floating down the lazy river with me.
Friday - Park outing and then Children's Museum. Needed an afternoon out of the sun and it's a GREAT children's museum....kids found "new" things there and had a blast. As you can tell from pictures, I was with Sammy and Izzy the most...I have hardly any pics of Caleb!
Saturday- Day at the beach! Perfect weather, beautiful beach...only problem - after we arrived, we realized Sam had a fever. Poor kid. We rented an umbrella and he napped in the shade for awhile. Caleb collected shells, ate ice cream and swam in the ocean and Izzy walked the beach with Justin.
Sunday - Day at the pool. Lots of pool toys, good snacks, happy & healthy kids - perfect day.
I have to say that the kids were troopers. Caleb & Sam are great little travelers and Izzy managed to get by with only one nap the entire time...with no tantrums. Delightful. Overall - great trip, but it's always nice to be home.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home