Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Warm Weather = Smiling Faces

Sweet Izzy by Justin and Kelly Webb
Sweet Izzy, a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

I am absolutely loving the spring weather...but I think my kids are enjoying it even more. This warm weather means a few things
1) I get less done in my house b/c the kids just want to be OUT!
2) baths every night
3) kids are sooo ready for bedtime b/c they play so hard and get so much fresh air!
4) sam wears his helmet as much as he wears sneakers. the kid does NOT take that thing off his head unless he's inside. I realized this is a very good thing yesterday as I watched him jump from the swing...and crash land. hard.
5) caleb's nature projects are once again spread out all over my house...this happens to include a dead worm I found on the kitchen table yesterday. eew. this is the time of year when I'm usually afraid to look under his bed or dig through his pockets.

I don't have any pics of Caleb (yet) enjoying this spring weather. He spent the majority of the weekend sick (bummer).... I let him stay home from school yesterday even though I knew he was fine. He spent ALOT of time getting fresh air and sunshine, which made him feel even better. So worth it.

I have enjoyed watching each of the kids do what makes them happiest in this weather. Caleb explores, collects interesting things, rides his scooter at speeds that make me cringe, or gets out his golf clubs (and is currently designing a miniature golf course). Sam rides his scooter, performs stunts on his bike (and apparently the swingset now), gives Izzy rides in the jeep and is soooo happy to have real work projects in the yard (he seriously helped Justin and I do major yard clean up this wknd....he's such a good worker). Izzy is funny. She doesn't know quite what to do yet, but she LOVES being outside. She is happy to be a passenger in the jeep, she gravitates towards the swingset, and she loves to just run. The other day we went to get the mail and she ran all the way to the mailbox and back. That is far, especially for those little legs. And after our trip down the driveway I asked what she wanted to do and she looked at me and smiled and said "let's just run mom...come on!" and away she went. Running and running in the fresh spring air, happy to have the warm sun shining on her sweet smiling face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home