Name:
Location: United States

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy to be 6!

Sweet Caleb by Justin and Kelly Webb
Sweet Caleb, a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

Yesterday was Caleb's 6th Birthday....although it was a school day, he had such a great day. I went into his classroom with him in the morning so I could bring in cupcakes. Immediately, the girls were hugging him and wishing him a happy birthday - it was adorable. I'm not exaggerating when I say that at one time, he had 5 girls trying to hug him, and then 1 decided there wasn't room for her so she clung to me instead. Caleb had the biggest smile on his face - he was enjoying all the attention and love. ha.

After a great day at school he came home to open presents and eat one of his new favorite meals - chicken & noodles (a family recipe). He spent the rest of the night perfectly happy, playing with his new toys.

The birthday celebration continues tomorrow - - my family will come over for another favorite meal of Caleb's - - steak. He is really looking forward to the "family party" and then the "kid party" on Monday (no school).

Caleb is usually kind of hard to buy for b/c he doesn't really get "into" anything commercial. Give the kid an empty notebook, a glue stick, a pencil and a few crayons and he's perfectly happy. But recently he has become interested in a few "new" things....naturally, none of them I understand or particularly like: Star Wars (barf), Pokemon (I just don't get it), and Zu Zu pets (okay, I can handle that one, but I hate the sounds they make!). I shouldn't complain though...he's super excited about these new interests and it made shopping a heck of alot easier this year!

Happy Birthday sweet Caleb!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Awww! He looks SO grown up! I HATE pokemon with a passion.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home