Name:
Location: United States

Friday, May 13, 2011

What Makes Mom Happy





Things that have made me happy/proud lately:
1) well, Mother's Day! Love the homemade gifts and cards from the kids, loved eating lunch outside at a cute restaurant on the boardwalk, loved getting flowers and planting them with the family...loved spending time at my parent's house eating my dad's ribs. :)
2) absolutely delighted that we are a pacifier-free house. Izzy gave it up 2 weeks ago. I am just not a fan of seeing pacifiers in the mouths of kids over the age of 2.
3) Attending Caleb's Art show at school. Their art teacher is unbelievable and the art work that these students create is seriously amazing. I went to someone's house one day and asked about an art piece on the wall (thought it was professionally done). She said her 4th grader made it....same art teacher. Needless to say, I loved seeing some of Caleb's artwork displayed and he was sooooo proud, but Justin and I also really enjoyed looking at the artwork from other students as well. Oh yeah...they had free rootbeer floats there too, which made the evening even better!
4) Sam's 1st preschool performance today. He looked soooo adorable and did fantastic. He is not as comfortable on stage as Caleb (but who is?...oh yeah, Justin), but he still did a great job dancing and singing...he just seemed alittle shy - was not his normal crazy self. He was so proud and was thrilled to see Justin, granny & I in the audience.
5) Last Saturday, Caleb had a friend from school come over to play in the afternoon. Jonah had never been over before and I was listening as Caleb was showing him around. Jonah asked if they could play with something and I was so proud to hear Caleb respond "sure Jonah - we'll play with whatever you want. you're the guest. I can play with things here anytime - - it's your choice." I honestly did not even mention this before Jonah came over. I am amazed with his maturity/manners at times.
6) Sam was moved up in soccer again. After 1 practice with the 4 year olds, they moved him up to play with the 5&6 year olds. I enjoy this for various reasons a) I just love how athletic he is..he's so fun to watch b) i am proud of him for not being intimidated by the bigger kids...he thinks that's where he belongs. c) it means only 1 soccer commitment on Saturday mornings - not 2!!
7) I sooo love to hear Izzy randomly sing "Fly Me to the Moon"...the other day she decided to sing it - loudly - while checking out at the grocery store. I know I just stood there with a big smile on my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home