Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, July 03, 2011

Soccer Camp!

Camp this past week: Soccer Camp! The boys had a great time attending the Wave Soccer camp. I thought the camp was pretty cool too...how could it NOT be....they were coached by players from the Milwaukee Wave! They had absolutely perfect weather (no rain and in the 70s all week) and they learned some new moves and tricks.

The 4-6 year old kids were only able to attend a half-day session...the rest of the campers stayed the whole day. Sam was SO disappointed that he had to leave at noon! On Friday, however, they were able to stay until 1:00 and have pizza and a water fight. He was in heaven.

On the second day of camp I walked up to the field to pick up the boys and the coach left Sam's side shaking his head and smiling...he walked up to me and I said "oh no...Sam? I know - he's crazy...what did he do?" The coach laughed and said "no no, he's great. he is pretty aggressive, but he is a good little soccer player. He actually won a competition today within the entire camp...including the older kids" (which I think goes up to 14 year olds). He proceeded to tell me about the competition and how little Sam looked so funny out there with the big kids and that they treated him the same as the older kids b/c they wanted to see what he could really do. I guess he could do alot. He said Sam was sooo proud. The youngest and by FAR the smallest kid on the field (and there were LOTS of kids). But being the smallest does not intimidate or slow Sam down...he gets right in there to fight for the ball and he's not afraid to shove someone out of his way. On the first day (and thankfully ONLY on the first day) I heard coach Alex yell "Sam you can't push people - that's a penalty." He said this at least 3 times in the 30 minutes I was there. Did I mention there is a big bet going on in our family on when Sam gets a yellow card (when he starts playing real games)? I think my sister has the first game. :)

Caleb had a great time at the Wave Camp too. Alex told me that while Sam is more aggressive, he could tell that Caleb is our thinker. He said he can see the wheels turning in his head when he's on the field and that he plays really smart. He's a good little passer and he actually likes to protect the goal. Who would've thought?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home