Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Updates



We have had a busy past 2 weeks...here is a "quick" update:

Caleb: Has 1 week left of school, but instead of counting down the days until summer break, he is counting the days until 1st grade...Apparently there are 97. sigh. This past weekend we went mini-golfing for the first time and he absolutely LOVED it and is such a good little putter. This may be one of his new favorite things to "earn" with his responsibility chart! The other new thing he is into lately...instead of cartoons, he is into shows like "Wizards of Waverly Place" and "Good Luck Charlie"...I think this is so weird!

Sam: Has been out of school for 2 weeks...last week he spent ALOT of time with Flinn...when they weren't playing together, he was working HARD in our yard with Justin. This week, he was happy to spend alone time with granny and he had his last gymnastics class (btw, his teacher noted in his report card that his is SO STRONG!!). He was also very happy to help take care of Millie over Memorial Day wknd...although whenever we go over to help, he usually "works" in their yard and Caleb is the one who really plays with Millie.

Izzy: Has really become easier lately. Sure, she's stubborn and has a naughty/spunky side to her, but she is sooo good at entertaining herself and she's such a happy little girl. I love walking into a room to find dolls lined up with a plate of food....it's so cute. Her vocabulary continues to amaze me...and she just acts older than 2. Example - it's normal for her to ask me (very seriously...as if she's really thinking) "mom, what time is it?" like she has a schedule to follow/manage. ha. And when people ask her how old she is, she usually answers "I'm 4."

Justin: Just had his best friend, Pat and his fiance, Courtney here over Memorial Day wknd. Great time...lots of golfing, dinner out, late night bonfires, too many beers. Super time...they were great with the kids and fun to have here. Justin was home the week before Memorial Day...it was nice to have him around so much...this week was back to Florida - boo.

Me: I have wasted most mornings this week watching the French Open. I can't seem to do anything else...which is why I need to stop blogging so I can fold laundry and put dishes away. BUT, first...my favorite conversation of the day:

- Sam: why are you watching so much tennis?
- me: because I absolutely love watching tennis, buddy.
- Sam: well, who do you want to win?
- me: the one with the short hair.
- Sam: not me, I want Bartoli to win.

I never mentioned who was playing...guess someone else is interested in the French Open. Yippppeeee!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

For the record, those two shows (and iCarly) are ones ALL my kids can agree on. I think sometimes they are just "so over" animation.

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home