Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, June 09, 2011

The Final Countdown

Iz & Caleb by Justin and Kelly Webb
Iz & Caleb, a photo by Justin and Kelly Webb on Flickr.

It's been a LONG week....a fun week (well, mostly) but a long one. Here is everyone's highlights:

Caleb: This is Caleb's last week of kindergarten!! His class put on a great year-end performance, which included 2 plays and a few cute songs. Caleb was in the Tortoise and the Hare...he was the hare - - naturally, he chose a part with many lines (which, by the way, were ALL memorized well in advance). He did soooo great...not only did he know all of his lines perfectly (and when to actually say them), but he really acted - it was sooo fun to watch. Justin, my mom and I were very proud - - and fortunately Justin recorded it so others can see as well. On Tuesday he had a field trip to Maywood....I went along and led kids on a nature walk...I'm not sure who had more fun. :)

Sam: Sam has struggled alittle this week...on Sunday night I noticed that he was not putting any weight on his right foot (while RUNNING outside). After a quick check, I see that he clearly has bad infection on the bottom of his foot....like, red line a few inches long coming out of the infected area, heading up his leg. I know this is not a good sign. I take him to the ER and he is put on antibiotics and told to soak his foot 3 times a day. Infection clears and then he takes a MAJOR fall on his bike....can't walk the next day.
Of course, this is his week of gymnastics camp (with his 3 best friends -flinn, harrison & brooks). He only misses the day after his bike accident. He literally limped into the gym on Monday morning with his foot taped up and a big smile on his face. The kid is so tough. Today they put on a performance at gymnastics camp...and afterwards, we headed to the park for a fun lunch w/ Harrison & Brooks. He was showing them how he can swing upside down. It's going to be a long summer with Sam...I think he will constantly have something taped up, bandaged...or put in a cast.

Izzy: No real highlights for Izzy this week. She has such a hard time watching instead of participating in things - but today she was able to run around in the gym alittle during Sam's performance...she was thrilled. There is nothing more she wants than to "be older" so she can do everything her big brothers do. She really enjoyed time at the park today too...Harrison & Brooks have a baby brother who is 6 months old. She LOVES babies...baby Camden received lots of hugs and kisses from Izzy.

Justin: Highlight was most likely on Saturday night....we all sat by the fire pit and had hot dogs and s'mores - kids did great (my prediction, btw, is that Caleb will be a boy scout)...my parents stopped over after the kids were in bed and we all enjoyed a perfect night at the bonfire!!

Me: I really loved being a chaperone on the field trip to Maywood...I usually don't love doing these things, but this time I REALLY did have fun. The weather was great, the kids were fantastic, Caleb was thrilled I was there and I was doing something I love doing. I can honestly say I had a great time. Tennis is always a highlight of my week...I have played 3 times so far this week and I am super excited about watching my boys start tennis lessons next week! I really think I am more excited than Caleb that tomorrow is his last day of school!! Summer break is finally here!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home