Busy Izzy
Where or where do I even begin a blog post about my very busy Izzy? The boys have had their own post about the 1st day of school and I think Izzy needs a post about....well, being Izzy. Here is what she is up to these days:
- Not only is she 100% potty trained with zero accidents since the 1st wk of training WEEKS ago, she now thinks she needs to wipe Sam's bum. Yeah. She will seriously stand outside the bathroom door and yell "Sam, let me know when you need me to wipe your bum." Typically, I'll tell her that either Sam or I can take care of it and she'll just ignore me and say something like "Bud, do you need me yet?" Sigh.
- She has an unbelievable imagination...more so than either of the boys. She is constantly "taking care" of imaginary people...usually Calian or Brayden. And yes, she wipes their bums too. Seriously.
- If she's not taking care of imaginary Calian or Brayden, she is reading books, coloring/markers, making a mess with play-doh, playing with matchbox cars or her dollhouse.
- She is constantly asking questions about Halloween and is excited about dressing up...she can't decide who she wants to be...currently, it's between Darth Vader and Cinderella. Um, she's 2. She is NOT getting a Darth Vader costume...she should not even know who that is at this age. Embarrassing.
- She still loves to run run run. She also loves to swing on our new tree swing and kick the soccer ball around. I also catch her dancing alot....love spying on her.
- She has the sweetest side to her...she oftentimes just grabs my hand/arm and kisses it. She's a great cuddler. She can also sense when someone is sad and she truly tries to comfort them. She cuddles up to them, she rubs their back, she gives kisses and she speaks to them soooo sweetly. It's adorable.
- She doesn't nap every day anymore...maybe 2 days/week, she just can't fall asleep. booo hooo for me. How the heck did I end up with the kids that just don't nap? She's better than Sam was at this age though...she'll sit in her crib and read books for a good 30 minutes.
- Her favorite show: Caillou. This is seriously the only show she will sit down to watch...NOTHING else keeps her interest. I really don't like Caillou. I had Sesame Street on the other day while cleaning up the kitchen (and she was coloring) and it was on afterwards. Now that's all she asks for.
- She is such a smarty pants for being 2 1/2 years old....has an incredible memory.
- Like me, she has to smell everything and has a great sense of smell. My mom and I made pesto last week using my blender. My mom brought the blender to my house a few days ago (washed) and Izzy put her nose in it and said "mmm, I smell basil". Crazy.
- Has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. Actually, she is probably the happiest kid out of all three (even when boys were her age). She is always smiling and having a great time....even when wiping someone's bum.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home