Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I really love Christmas and everything that leads up to celebrating, but I have to admit that 1) I'm glad it's over and 2) I can't believe I survived it. The 2+ weeks before were really rough (illness) and oooooh so busy with birthdays, holiday stuff at school, parties, and just the normal hustle of preparing for Christmas. And even on the Friday before Christmas I still wasn't feeling great and neither was Sam, who was getting over the stomach flu. But, I managed to have gifts for everyone wrapped, a few holiday goodies made and clean sheets/house for house guests on Friday! Despite the craziness leading up to it, we had a wonderful Christmas. Things we loved:

Izzy:
- opening presents at record speed...no real "favorite" presents.
- amy's christmas cookies
- attention from calian, brayden & kay

Sam:
- presents - sooo many star wars toys...also loved his tool set (real tools)
- being at granny's house so much...surrounded by family and playing games there.
- snow...we kinda had a white christmas...at least in the morning.

Caleb:
- playing battleship with Kay
- grandma's cooking...that kid eats SO much.
- presents - pokemon "action figures", magic tree house books, new fun games (like battleship - fun!!) and air hockey table (from Santa)

Me:
- having all the family together - including Justin's parents. When I was younger, we always had both sets of grandparents at our place on Christmas. I LOVED it. I think it's special when we can do the same.
- Um, I only made breakfast for 2+ days...and was very well fed. A big family dinner & lunch out and then my mom made dinner on Christmas Eve & Christmas day...soooo yummy. I think I have already regained the weight I lost when sick. :)
- Spending so much time with Kay. She left yesterday afternoon and we were able to see her each day...5 days. Wonderful.

Justin:
- I'm guessing on his, but the day after Christmas we went over to my parents for leftovers and as he sat at the table with a smile on his face he said "that was better than yesterday. that is seriously the best meal there is." I think that might be his favorite....
- Okay, he is undefeated in air hockey...so I think he likes what Santa brought.

The kids have also had a great time these past few days with friends. Yesterday a friend came over and played with both Caleb & Sam....they were inside and out, playing hard and playing sooo nicely. Today was an even better day....Kids Core this morning while I played tennis, then Flinn's dad took his 3 boys and our 2 boys swimming and then back to their house to play, have lunch and more play. After Flinn's we headed to my mom's until Sam went to a birthday party....Caleb stayed back with my mom so he could finally get alone time with granny. He loved it....he even got a piano lesson while there and was thrilled w/ how much he learned. The boys both described this day as AWESOME...and tomorrow is Izzy's day. She & I are going to the salon...it's time to get her hair cut/chopped. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home