Tiny "Dancer"
Last winter, Izzy & I took a "mommy & me ballet" class. She LOVED it. She loves music and dancing and although she's not terribly girly, she loves dressing like a ballerina and she did really well in this class. This winter, our schedule has not allowed this class (mainly b/c it was only offered in the morning and Sam is with us all morning). She couldn't take a class on her own until she turned 3. Well, she's 3 now and was thrilled when I told her I signed her up for dance class again.
Today was her first day. She has her "warm up" outfit on in this pic, so it's not the best pic, but it clearly shows her excitement. :) On the first day, they let the parents stay and watch, but for future classes they like the parents to leave so there is less distraction. They say that the kids participate more or behave better w/o the parents around. All I can say to that is, I certainly hope so!!! Oh. my. gosh.
Izzy wasn't horribly behaved, but she was alittle on the wild side and I'm not sure if she was there to dance or to "race" all the other girls in the room. I think she said "I winned" 10 times. There were 4 other girls there, all sweet and very quiet girls who pretty much followed the instructor and said not a word. Izzy was in her own world...she did more running than walking on her tip toes, she did more jumping than leaping, and she proudly and loudly marched when she was supposed to gracefully walk by lifting her foot up her leg. Yeah...graceful she was not. She was more interested in "winning" the ballet race, whatever that is. She was also interested in whether or not the flower, ribbon stick, etc. she was dancing w/ matched her outfit. At least she didn't tell them all she was Luke Skywalker...or ask to dance with a light saber.
At the end of class the teacher commented on how good the girls all did. I said that it was probably pretty obvious that she has older brothers (with all the racing). The teacher smiled and seriously mentioned that tap dance might be more up her alley. ha! Was it her crazy high energy level? Or maybe it's that her wonderful marching skills could easily translate into tap dancing technique? There are tap dancing races? Or maybe, just maybe, the instructor doesn't teach tap? :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home