Spring Excitement
This is the week (okay, OVER a week) that Justin is enjoying himself at his fraternity's leadership conference in Cabo.He does this every year, and usually during this week I am pretty bitter and irritated. This year is different...mostly b/c the weather HERE is great, we are all healthy (although I just jinxed us) and we have had some pretty fun/cool things to do and to look forward to. Let's begin the list of things we have been excited about:
1) I know I mentioned this already, but it's worth a double mention...the weather! Absolutely perfect...I grilled out for dinner, the kids played outside from the moment they got home from school until their baths at 6:45. I seriously was smiling as I swept up the sand in the house. I think the kids have eaten more meals outside than inside over the last few days...even breakfast!
2) Last night Caleb had his Pinewood Derby Race! Sam & Izzy stayed at my mom's while Caleb and I cheered on his car. And while his car was not the fastest (um, it was actually like the 3rd slowest out of maybe 25 cars - oh well) he was a really good sport about it and completely forgot about how fast (or slow) his car was when he received a trophy for Most Unique car!! All the other boy scouts in their school voted on the cars (most unique & best in show). He was THRILLED - can you tell? :) One of his best friends, Roman, won best in show. It was soooo cool to see him so proud. He worked SO hard on the car. See pics of the car...he honestly painted everything on the car. Justin would teach him how to do things (like paint fire) and he would practice and practice until he felt comfortable painting his car. So cool.
3) The 4 of us met friends at the theater on Saturday and watched the Lorax. After the movie, Caleb's friend Jonah came over and we spent the rest of the afternoon outside. Fun day.
4) Sunday we went to an Ice Skating show (theme was broadway on ice). One of my friend's daughters was in it and it was so entertaining. All 3 kids LOVED it and were soooo well behaved....super fun. After the show we headed to my parents house, where the excitement continued...there was a huge fire in the field/woods across the street (down the cliff) from them. We actually had a hard time getting to their house. Caleb was keeping an eye on the fire for a LONG time and Sam was entertained by all the fire trucks/vehicles. The other excitement there...Millie caught 2 snakes (eeeewww) - the kids thought that was sooo cool - even Izzy. Before we left my parents house, we had a girls vs guys soccer game. Very exciting Sunday! ;)
So I made sure that we had something fun/different to do each day (even going forward through the weekend) but if I had known it would be so beautiful out, I would not have worried so much. Today, we were actually going to swim at the Sports Core after school...but we enjoyed bike riding, soccer, playing in the sandbox, picking up sticks and feeding the birds instead. This made for some very happy & exhausted kids...and mom.


1 Comments:
Very cool car!
Post a Comment
<< Home