Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sweetness

You know what's sweet?
- this picture of Izzy....she was ready for her Cinderella Party at the Y. She was SO excited to participate in this fun event...dancing, crafts, snacks, and more dancing. They performed for us afterwards and she was so proud.
- Caleb & Sam were sooo excited to watch her perform and they genuinely shared in her excitement. They both also went up to their friend Emerson afterwards and told her what a good job she did as well. So sweet.
- Hearing my kids play nicely outside together for the first 3 days of being home. It's absolutely delightful and I'm not crazy enough to believe that it will last all summer, but for now I'll sit back, listen & smile. Sam has even gone out of his way to be nice to Caleb, which is SO not like Sam. Example: yesterday, we came inside and Caleb had a blister on his feet from wearing sandals. I told him to put on sneakers and within a minute of being inside (and w/o anyone asking him) Sam had run upstairs and found a pair of socks and sneakers for Caleb so he didn't have to make the trip upstairs. So sweet..and so unlike Sam!
- Sam's compassion for one of my friends. A girlfriend of mine, who has 5 kids (young ones) and a husband who travels all the time, just had a heart catherization. I have talked about her a little and Sam is obsessed with her "story". Today when we picked Izzy up from the Y, we drove past a farmers market and he said "we need to stop to get that sick lady some flowers!!" On our way back I mentioned that we were running out of time and he said "NO! We are buying her those flowers, mom!" We stopped, he picked some out and he proudly carried them to her door when we dropped off a meal for them this afternoon. During the day he checked to make sure I was still making their family a meal "shouldn't you be making their dinner now?" He asks about her alot and it truly very concerned. I think it's so sweet. And yes, I'm talking about Sam. ha!
- How kids who don't know each other can randomly play together soooo nicely. Tonight we went to Brayden's soccer game. My kids watched the 1st half, but during half time, the boys found about 6 other kids (now new friends) and they played a silly made up game that kept them all entertained, running around and happy for the rest of the evening. I just think it's so sweet that kids can do this. Izzy didn't play though - - she was busy talking to trees and asking me to take her picture with "her friend, the tree." See pics She's so weird, but so sweet. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home