Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wrapping Up the School Year

I always get so excited this time of year....I love the last few weeks of school for a few reasons. First, I just love all the fun things the kids get to do at school...field trips, shows, etc. Secondly, I'm just super excited about a change in schedule and having my kids around more. I did not over-schedule us this summer, but I still managed to get them signed up for things they are excited about doing. We have a fun summer ahead and I'm sooo ready for them to finish school! Sam is done next Tuesday and Caleb will finish up on Thursday.

This past week has been a lot of fun for Caleb. Last week Thursday, the 1st grade class had their Mammal Showcase. They each studied a mammal, wrote a report, did a painting and made a clay sculpture of it in it's habitat...and they put this all on display and read their reports. They put a lot of work into this and they were all soooo proud to give their presentation. Caleb studied the River Otter and absolutely loved giving the presentation to anyone who wanted to listen. :) On Tuesday of this week, they went on a field trip to the Milwaukee Zoo. I went along and had such a great time...the weather was perfect and my group (4 boys) was so well behaved and fun to be around. They were so excited when we found the mammal they studied - - so cute. Wonderful day!

Next week the boys each have a graduation/party and on Thursday we are heading to school for lunch...the principal is grilling out! Lots of fun things and I think I have over-committed to making snacks for things next week.. oh well, I could have worse problems.

On a separate topic...we had a great Memorial Day weekend. One of Justin's best friends, Pat, and his wife came to visit again for the long holiday weekend. We hit the golf course 2 times, went out for dinner one night and the rest of the time was spent hanging out with the kids...at home and at the Sports Core beach. The kids always have so much fun w/ them. We finished the fun weekend at my mom & dad's house....they put homemade pizzas on the grill, which made everyone extremely happy. And full. Great weekend. Now let's start summer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home