August News
New things happening at the Webb Household:
- We'll start with the obvious...we have a new kayak lover in the house! My parents bought a new cabin (another "new" thing actually) and we have LOVED going there. We were there this past weekend and Caleb was finally able (after many requests from him) to get in the kayak. He absolutely loved it! He can't WAIT to go back for more. It doesn't surprise me that he loves it as much as he does. He loves ANY cabin activity...swimming, fishing, making dinner over a campfire, paddle boat, nature...and now we can add "kayaking". That kid would be perfectly happy living out there.
- Our newest and best babysitter: Brayden! He has been helping out with shorter babysitting "jobs" over the past few weeks and my kids are LOVING it. And so am I. Every time I come home they are outside playing soccer or a new made-up game. They are not in front of a computer/ipad/TV when he's around. It's delightful. And the best part? All three are well behaved for him. Even Sam. That's huge. There is only a slight problem with him babysitting though....Izzy has a new crush. When we dropped him off the other day she yelled out the window "good-bye sweetheart!!".
- Izzy is getting prepared for preschool! She can NOT wait. She & I went to a preview day today...to get acquainted with the room, the teachers and meet some classmates. Well, she knows 2 of the boys already (from the Sports Core) so she was feeling pretty cool...and she was already familiar with the place, so she was mighty comfortable there as well. One of the teachers came up to me and asked if "izzy" was spelled with "s's" or "z's" and Izzy quickly (and without looking away from her painting at the easel) said "my name is I-Z-Z-Y". Ha! They are in for a *treat*. (That is "said" sarcastically)
- Summer sports have ended...fall sports have begun (for Caleb anyway). We have dug out our soccer gear again (though we didn't have to dig far since they attended 2 soccer camps this summer!) We have also been able to enjoy Calian's high school soccer already. If only I enjoyed watching pre-season football I would be set with my fall sports!
- A little bad news: Sam is heading to surgery next week. Minor procedure in a very sensitive area....meatotomy. It's an easy recovery, but I was looking forward to a fun last week before school starts. This may slow him a bit (and he can't swim for a few days after surgery - bummer) but we'll figure something out.
- Speaking of health issues, we cancelled our trip to Indiana b/c of my bad back/hip (car rides are the WORST) but Justin's parents were nice enough to come here instead. They were here last week Friday and left on Tuesday. We had a nice time...golfed, went to my parents cabin, soccer games/practices, took the kids to the golf course and just enjoyed the gorgeous weather.
That's really it for news. I have surprised myself over the past few days with how I feel about the kids going back to school. I still have a full week left with them, but I'm actually sad about it. There are still things I want to do with them all this summer!! I want more lazy days at my parents cabin....I want a day at the zoo...I want to take them to golf 9 holes...and we never had a rainy day to take them to the movies or bowling (both of which I promised). I am also not ready to give up my lunches with all 3 of them. I told Sam the other day that I was sad about it and he said "don't be sad mom, you can come eat in the cafeteria with me any time you want!" And then a little while later he said "and I promise that when I'm done with college, I'll come back to live with you." hahahaahaha. It's these adorable and funny comments I hear throughout the day that I miss when they are in school....


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home