Flying Through Summer
That's Sam jumping/flipping off the diving board at our friends cabin (yeah, nice cabin, eh?)....and if you look through these pics, you'll see that I could not even capture pics of my other kids. That's b/c Sam is crazy, has no fear and I watch him like a hawk when he gets near a diving board or big slide into the pool. Soon, the kid can charge admission to see his stunts. Sigh. His stunts continue above water as well. He is crazy on his bike and scooter and I am honestly very surprised that we have not been into the ER yet this summer (knocking on wood...there are still a few weeks left).
So August is here and we are winding down w/ our summer activities. Tennis & golf are over and Sam is attending his last camp this week (a fun nature one w/ a few of his friends). Izzy still has swimming lessons twice a week and we oftentimes hang out at the beach before her class begins. Even if we don't, the boys still swim during her lesson - - they just LOVE being in the water. Caleb also typically knows someone there and if he doesn't, he quickly makes a friend or two.
I feel like the kids have grown and changed so much during the 2 months of summer....here is what's "new" with each one:
Caleb:
- I seriously think he grew inches. INCHES.
- Just registered for school last week...is sooo excited to be in a split class (2/3 grade). I'm happy too, but expected it as I made the request for him to be in the class (both 2 & 3rd graders are all independent learners and Caleb will have the opportunity to learn 3rd grade material if the teacher thinks he's ready...AND he has a male teacher which I think is so great). Anyway, he cannot WAIT to start!
- Has not TOUCHED his DS all summer...but is addicted to playing Minecraft on my computer.
- Loves Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Fortunately, Brayden still had the series.
- I continue to love to watch him interact in social settings. He is so darn mature and polite....makes me so proud. And he just LOVES being around people.
- I think he has been inspired by Michael Phelps....when he is in the pool twice a week, he honestly does laps on his own (w/o me telling him he even needs to swim). He could out-swim me for SURE. And he is fast fast fast. I'm so impressed with his swimming!
- We put a CD player in his room a few months ago and it's so funny to hear him go upstairs, blast a CD and sing/dance in his room ...all on his own. SO FUNNY...especially when he's listening to a Kids Bop CD. I need to record it one of these days.
- REALLY enjoyed learning how to golf and had a blast on his last day of lessons (actually got to play a few holes) I have promised to take them on a golf course this summer to play 9 holes. He can't wait.
- Not sure how he eats b/c he has NO teeth. I have a feeling it's going to be a goofy class photo this year. :)
- Is still my little health nut...and germ-a-phobe. Won't eat unless his hands are washed (I carry multiple hand sanitizers). Will try so hard to like anything I say is healthy. Will seriously turn things down BECAUSE they are unhealthy. Who does that?
Sam:
- Is crazy and loud. I'm not sure why his Kindergarten teacher is so excited to get him in his class. She. has. no. idea. Yes, he is adorable, but he is a wild child. Example: today when picking him up from camp....
camp leader: I had to have a little conversation w/ Sam today.
me: ooooh no .i'm sorry. what did he do?
camp leader: no no, he's fine. he just had alittle issue with not wanting to pull his pants up and asking people to smack his bum.
me: oh my gosh. i'm so sorry.
camp leader (giggling): no, it's fine. he is seriously like my favorite kid ever. i just love him to pieces, but he and I had a good talk about keeping our pants on.
me: I am SO going to be in the principal's office like ALL THE TIME. sigh.
In the car, I asked Sam about it and with big twinkling eyes he said "but mom, everyone was laughing so hard. everyone!" Yeah. I'm sure they were.
- Although he gives me a lot of grief, he also gives me so much love. Tells me all the time that he loves me and gives such good hugs. Granted, his timing on telling me he loves me is a little funny (like, he'll be out on the tennis court and he'll scream it to me while I'm watching from the balcony and 2 courts over).
- LOVES legos right now. Finally someone to play with the bins FULL of them! It's been a great activity for him to do this summer when they need a break from the heat.
- Is such a good little piano player. He doesn't read music (yet), but plays SUCH nice music on his own. He has also started putting a kid MP3 player next to him and he plays along with it. It's soooo cool. He plays every day. It might be the only time he sits.
- Continues to be such a hard worker. We have redone our screened-in-porch and he been in that room helping me paint when it's a million degrees outside. He has helped Justin build, will move wood and ANY other project we have. He loves to get dirty and he LOVES wearing "muscle shirts" with ripped jeans and boots.
- He can't wait for it to snow.
- We have seen a HUGE decrease in the amount of tantrums this summer. Phew. We're not out of the woods yet, but I think we are close.
Izzy:
- Is REALLY starting to love more girly things. She picks out her outfit every day (and it matches...usually). This includes her shoes and occasionally a bracelet and/or sunglasses/purse. It's so funny. She gets herself dressed all on her own too. Lovely.
- Is doing SO GREAT in her swimming lessons. She has learned to doggy paddle her way around the pool ALL ON HER OWN (w/ flippers on)! She is SO proud of herself. I can't believe how strong she is.
- Our friends (the Seiders) bought her a used set of super small pink golf clubs. She is thrilled...and has a nice natural golf swing.
- Can easily hit a pitched baseball....very few strikes. Funny how that third kid doesn't even know that a baseball tee exists.
- Is SO excited to be in school next month!! Talks about it all the time and I think she'll know some kids in her class (from the sports core). Yippee!
- Is as social as Caleb...makes friends so quickly and is a good friend. I swear kids cheer when she enters the kids room at the Sports Core.
- LOVES hanging out w/ her older girlfriends - Lila & Emerson. Her favorite thing to do w/ them: Play Cheerleader. Oh. my. gosh.
- her imagination blows me away....and scares me a little. She couldn't "find" one of her imaginary friends the other day.
- Has unfortunately mastered the art of whining and it's sooooooo annoying.
- Is such a good shopper. Really. Right now I think it's fun, but I know someday it will be horrible...especially if she has my taste (can pick out one pair of shoes in a huge rack at TJMaxx, and unfortunately they are still $100...but out-of-control adorable)
-


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home