Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 06, 2009

Another LONG Week


Happy Girl
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
It's been a really long week....maybe even more difficult than when the kids were all sick!

Justin has had a really hard week at work and has left early and been home late (although tonight he actually gets to be out with friends from Purdue...much deserved though). I'm not sure if it's because daddy has not been around or if they are just SO tired of being inside, but the boys have been pretty difficult this week...lots of arguing and fighting. Our mornings have been nice, but the afternoons have been hard...and unfortunately, that is when Isabella is more difficult too.

Yesterday, I finally figured out that Isabella is just more hungry in the afternoon than in the morning. Before realizing this, when she would be fussy, I thought "well, I fed her 2 hours ago and she usually eats every 4 hours so she can't possibly be hungry."....well, she is. :)

This picture was taken this afternoon...and as you can see, she's perfectly happy (and well fed). Ha. Sometimes her smiles are soooo big I think she's going to laugh. I can't wait for that. She does coo alittle though. I'm not sure when she is supposed to be cooing or talking, but if she's an early talker and more advanced verbally like boys I'm not sure what I'm going to do...sometimes I seriously have Caleb, Sam and Justin all talking to me at the same time.

I have said "goodbye" to my afternoon alone time ... instead I get an hour alone with Izzy when the two of us "play" (tummy time), talk and just smile at each other. The other hour (which I used to have to myself) is spent doing something with Caleb...he has stopped napping. (sigh) So this week, we have done puzzles & played board games for an hour before Sammy gets up.

Isabella had her 1st playgroup at someone else's house today....apparently she wasn't that excited about it b/c she slept the whole time. The boys, on the other hand, were VERY excited to hang out with their friends. It was a really nice playgroup - the boys all got along perfectly - not one argument (which is great considering that there are 8 boys and we were there for 3 hours!!) It was delightful to sit and talk to my friends for a few hours and not hear any yelling...I needed that. My boys did too.

We are supposed to have great weather this weekend (50s!!) so I hope to get the boys outside. We could all use some fresh air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home