Fall Fun
Still falling behind with the blog and there are a million things I should be doing right now, but I must look back on the past few weeks and "record" our activities, b/c we have had some great fall fun!
Last weekend we had a great trip to a super fun pumpkin farm. Beautiful weather and the farm was not crowded (we went during a Packer game...smart move). This place has a haunted house, super cool corn maze (presidential trivia questions along the way to guide you in the right direction...if you answer correctly), a train (which was more for Izzy, but boys rode along), bouncy house, a PIG RACE (I've never seen before - sooo funny), farm animals to feed and great educational things for kids. And of course they had a hayride to a huge pumpkin field. The kids loved it! Sam & Izzy both had field trips to a different pumpkin farm over the past 2 weeks...of course, I attended both (and fortunately we had nice weather for them!). So we went to this new farm b/c 1) Caleb wanted to go to a pumpkin farm and 2) I didn't want to go to the same farm 3 times in a row. We were all very happy with our new "find"!!
Last Friday the kids also had a Halloween Party at school. I personally am not a fan of being in a hot gym with a million screaming kids, but our kids LOVE IT so I suck it up. Kids play games for prizes, walk through a lit up trail outdoors and hang out with their friends. Fortunately, some of our good friends were there too, so it wasn't sooo bad. ;)
Last Saturday was one of my favorite days of the year, but this year was not as good b/c I could not share it with Chris & Jen!!! We have a tradition of attending the Food & Wine Show in Kohler with them, but they were not able to make it this year...but alas, that did not stop us from at least going to the Grand Wine Tasting on Saturday night. We went with some friends, tried some great wine, bought wine for the year, and went out to dinner afterwards. Fun night....oh, and kids were happy b/c Brayden was their babysitter. Perfect.
Wednesday was Justin's Birthday...we started celebrating last Sunday at my parent's house - - my mom made his favorite dinner, which might be a favorite dinner for half the people in our family! Wednesday, the kids were super excited to give him his presents and to eat cake! :)
This week the kids had off school on Thursday and Friday. Thursday was beautiful (70 degrees!) so we spent alot of time outside riding bikes/etc....but we also went bowling. Very random activity for us to do (actually first time Caleb & Izzy even bowled!)....the kids had a blast and I was actually highly entertained (and happy that we had the place to ourselves!!). Friday was cooler, so we watched Halloween movies, designed (on paper) what our pumpkins would look like, and I took them to the Sports Core to play tennis even though Caleb still had his lesson later that day. Pretty low-key day, but enjoyable.
Yesterday was a busy, but super fun...I volunteered to work at a Cancer Walk from 7-11am, Caleb had his last soccer game and then headed to an end of season party at one of the boy's homes....then the kids got on their costumes for 2 different activities. First, they went trick-or-treating at Bookworm Gardens...they thought it was super funny (as did Justin and I) to see Granny dressed up as Winnie the Pooh, handing out candy. Ha! They saw lots of friends there and had a great time. Last night we went on a Halloween Trail at one of my friend's homes. It was SOOOOO well done...like they could charge people to walk through this (I bet they had 75 people walk through last night). They have a big wooded lot and they make a trail through it FULL of halloween lights/sounds and REALLY cool/spooky decorations....not ones you see at Target....like ones you see in a real Haunted House. Amazing. It takes you 15 minutes to walk through it. They actually have 2 trails....a scary one and one for little kids. Fortunately, my kids wanted the scary one b/c it was seriously unbelievable. Not joking when I say they could charge people to go through it. After you made it through, my friend had hot cider & cookies in her garage. So fun. The kids thought it was fabulous too...partly b/c you could trick-or treat along the trail. :)
And today we finally carved pumpkins...kids did a great job - we let them draw their own, Justin cut it exactly as they drew it and they all have great pumpkins!! Pictures to follow....maybe on Halloween. After pumpkin carving & playing soccer/football outside, we headed to my parents house for a yummy dinner tonight, which was a nice way to end a fun fall weekend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home