Falling Behind
I really thought that when the kids started school, I would have more times to get stuff done....closets cleaned out, nice meals on the table every night, clean house, an updated blog....nope. Not. Even. Close.
A few reasons for my plan back-firing.
1) Izzy is only in school for 6 hours a week.
2) I try to plan physical therapy appts (and other appts for that matter) around her school
3) I decided to be in charge of the silent/live auction for the service club's annual fundraiser in november....this is no small task....last year we brought in over 80K. Yeah, it's a big project and every spare minute I have is dedicated to that....or practicing our "act" for the show!
4) If #2 above is not occurring, I'm volunteering in one of the 3 classrooms!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!
Enough about me and the lack of posts...here are a few things we have been up to!!
- Izzy is LOVING her tap/ballet class. She is the youngest in the class (technically, not even old enough to really be IN the class, but they let her in). Teacher said today that she does REALLY well and is impressed with how well she listens and follows instruction. Wow.
- All the kids are obsessed with music right now. I LOVE IT. We have not had the TVs on in the car for MONTHS. They all want music. Even better? They like MY music. yippee!!
- We are the parents with the rule "no electronics during the school week" ....and it's DELIGHTFUL. Our only exception: my ipad can be used to listen to music. Before school they play legos, finish up on homework.....izzy & sam play house. They can sometimes finish off the night with a show, but Mon/Wed/Friday nights they have activities and there is no time for that anyway!
- Sam has received 1 behavior ticket so far in school. Apparently, someone pushed him down at recess, so he decided to throw a ball in the kid's face. I don't think the kid will push him again....I'm not sure that Sam has learned any lesson from this situation. You just don't mess with him. Period.
- Yesterday after school, Caleb walked up to the car with a huge grin on his face...he was so proud to tell me that he did really well on the tests and is in the Gifted & Talented Math Program...he is pulled from class 2 times/week to meet with the G&T teacher. Thrilled for him. Parent/Teacher conferences are next week and I'm excited to hear more about this program.
- We have all enjoyed the fall weather...been on a few hikes, done yard work....and I have gone on fun field trips to Bookworm Gardens with Sam & Izzy's class. Perfect days for each trip...I got lucky. Not sure how lucky I will be when I go to the pumpkin patch with these classes over the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.
- Weekends lately have also included birthday parties, bon fires, soccer games, friends over to play, family over for football games....and Caleb's favorite: going to a Lakeland College football game with Justin last weekend...the two of them went and met a few friends there. Caleb was THRILLED.
I know I am missing so much, but will try to be better about writing short posts to stay updated.


1 Comments:
re: Music they love
What exactly is *your* music that they love ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home