Aaahh - Fresh Air
We finally got outside!! We had a great weekend - perfect weather, we did fun things and we got alot done in the house!
Saturday morning Justin took the boys to Home Depot, where they made Valentine's Day boxes (wooden ones!). Justin said the boys did great - they focused on the project, were well behaved and had a great time. They had popcorn there too - what could be better? It was in the low 60s that day, so when they got home the boys played outside until lunch - - they LOVED being outside. They got out every bike, scooter, shovel and mower they had...they were just so excited to play with their outdoor toys again! It felt great to be out again....it was so nice that I was able to open the windows!
Saturday afternoon we had the Sobolevskys (w/ triplets) & Oblons (w/ twins girls & 3 year old boy) over for pizza. The kids had a BLAST - - they were here from 5:00 - 9:30 and there was honestly not ONE argument - even between siblings!! VERY well behaved kids...they were all so happy. Caleb was just thrilled to have everyone here - - he loves showing his friends his toys and sharing with them. He's such an easy playmate. Sam had a blast too - - he is actually better behaved when other kids are around...he doesn't have to bug his brother then!
Sunday Justin did alot of house projects...replaced light fixtures, faucets and painted our bathroom. I took the boys to the basement in the morning to play so Justin could get things done faster. In the afternoon, Caleb helped Justin paint while Sammy napped and Izzy and I had our 1st shopping trip together. :) We hit the outlet mall and we bought her some 12 month winter clothes that were on sale. So fun!
Today my friend Bethany came over w/ her 3 year old girl Emmy. The boys played nicely with her, which gave Bethany and I a chance to catch up. It was a nice morning!
It's supposed to be in the 60s again tomorrow...hopefully it won't rain so I can get the boys out again. Our snow is almost gone now - - nowhere near what you see on the photos. It's refreshing to see the grass again.
Click on the photo to see some cute pics of Caleb & Izzy. He has been unbelievably good with her lately. He told me the other day that I could "go get stuff done" and he would watch her. He honestly knows when I'm getting fed up with the crying b/c I'll walk away from her and he goes to her immediately and talks to her in a sweet voice, tries to give her the pacifier and rocks her in whatever chair/swing she is in. I think he has more patience with her than I do!! The crying doesn't bother him...he just sits by her and tries to comfort her. It's really cute. I took a few pics today when he didn't know I was there....he announced that he was going to play with her and after a few minutes I looked over and had to grab my camera. He talks to her so much (well, of course he does....) and he just can't wait for her to talk back to him. He is always telling her what they are going to do together when she gets older. It's adorable.
Sammy is still good with her but is losing alittle interest...probably b/c she can't tackle him yet. He does give her the pacifier when she cries and he is good about getting me diapers/wipes when I need them. BUT...he also says (yells) "Be quiet baby Bella" when she cries alot. Definitely has my patience....we all need to learn alittle from Caleb. (sigh).
Saturday morning Justin took the boys to Home Depot, where they made Valentine's Day boxes (wooden ones!). Justin said the boys did great - they focused on the project, were well behaved and had a great time. They had popcorn there too - what could be better? It was in the low 60s that day, so when they got home the boys played outside until lunch - - they LOVED being outside. They got out every bike, scooter, shovel and mower they had...they were just so excited to play with their outdoor toys again! It felt great to be out again....it was so nice that I was able to open the windows!
Saturday afternoon we had the Sobolevskys (w/ triplets) & Oblons (w/ twins girls & 3 year old boy) over for pizza. The kids had a BLAST - - they were here from 5:00 - 9:30 and there was honestly not ONE argument - even between siblings!! VERY well behaved kids...they were all so happy. Caleb was just thrilled to have everyone here - - he loves showing his friends his toys and sharing with them. He's such an easy playmate. Sam had a blast too - - he is actually better behaved when other kids are around...he doesn't have to bug his brother then!
Sunday Justin did alot of house projects...replaced light fixtures, faucets and painted our bathroom. I took the boys to the basement in the morning to play so Justin could get things done faster. In the afternoon, Caleb helped Justin paint while Sammy napped and Izzy and I had our 1st shopping trip together. :) We hit the outlet mall and we bought her some 12 month winter clothes that were on sale. So fun!
Today my friend Bethany came over w/ her 3 year old girl Emmy. The boys played nicely with her, which gave Bethany and I a chance to catch up. It was a nice morning!
It's supposed to be in the 60s again tomorrow...hopefully it won't rain so I can get the boys out again. Our snow is almost gone now - - nowhere near what you see on the photos. It's refreshing to see the grass again.
Click on the photo to see some cute pics of Caleb & Izzy. He has been unbelievably good with her lately. He told me the other day that I could "go get stuff done" and he would watch her. He honestly knows when I'm getting fed up with the crying b/c I'll walk away from her and he goes to her immediately and talks to her in a sweet voice, tries to give her the pacifier and rocks her in whatever chair/swing she is in. I think he has more patience with her than I do!! The crying doesn't bother him...he just sits by her and tries to comfort her. It's really cute. I took a few pics today when he didn't know I was there....he announced that he was going to play with her and after a few minutes I looked over and had to grab my camera. He talks to her so much (well, of course he does....) and he just can't wait for her to talk back to him. He is always telling her what they are going to do together when she gets older. It's adorable.
Sammy is still good with her but is losing alittle interest...probably b/c she can't tackle him yet. He does give her the pacifier when she cries and he is good about getting me diapers/wipes when I need them. BUT...he also says (yells) "Be quiet baby Bella" when she cries alot. Definitely has my patience....we all need to learn alittle from Caleb. (sigh).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home