Name:
Location: United States

Friday, February 13, 2009

A Happy Week


Silly Smile
Originally uploaded by Justin and Kelly Webb
We had a really nice, but very busy week. And since I'm exhausted, this is not going to be a long blog. :) Here is the short version of what we did...something fun every day:
Monday: Friend came over in the morning w/ 3 year old girl.
Tuesday: Caleb had preschool and Sam had gym class. We had alot of fun at gym...I love doing this w/ him. In the afternoon, Bernadine came over to watch the boys while Izzy and I went to my doctor's appointment
Wednesday: Caleb had gymnastics and in the afternoon, he and I worked on his Valentines. He was very excited about this ...he loved signing his name on every card and I was so proud of him for how well he did.
Thursday: Caleb had preschool (Valentine's Day party)..he came home w/ lots of cool things he made for me - he was so proud of himself. He had fun opening all the Valentine's from his preschool friends...he is now a fan of Valentine's Day. Sam, Izzy & I ran errands b/c Sammy didn't want to go home..he preferred Costco (I think b/c they give out food samples).
Friday: Open gym at Caleb's gymnastics place from 9:30 - 11:00...Sam was so excited b/c HE was able to run around at "Caleb's Gym". Caleb was in his element - he had more fun than any other kid there I think. The boys had a blast. 3 of my girlfriends were there w/ their kids (Caleb loved showing Will everything) and then we had everyone over for lunch and playtime afterwards.

Update on kids:
Caleb: I think he's going through a growth spurt...he is eating REALLY well lately. He has had second helpings at dinner at least 3 times this past week. Either my cooking is improving or he has a bigger appetite. I think it's the latter. Caleb is also obsessed with spelling and reading right now. He REALLY wants to learn. I think I'll start working on this with him next week. He really isn't napping and this week, I didn't make him stay in his room for an hour...we did more puzzles, games and Valentine's. Next week, I think we'll do more reading and writing. He is actually catching on quickly. He was reading words when my parents were here a few wks ago and he just loves it.
Sammy: I have been asked 3 times this week how old he is, and when I say he just turned 2 I get the same response "wow, he is a really good talker." Yep, I know. He has been better behaved this week, but still manages to get in trouble multiple times a day. He makes me laugh alot, but he also makes me want to rip my hair out. He has been having a blast at gymnastics class lately...he loves the balance beam and the "high bar" now. I also spend about half the class chasing him, which he thinks is hilarious. He runs SO fast. He is also a very good jumper...he is so fun to watch there.
Isabella: She is getting less fussy during the afternoon (yeah!), she smiles ALOT when she's awake, she loves getting attention from her brothers, she loves her nighttime baths, still enjoys being held alot ...and she still wakes up once in the middle of the night and then again early morning (around 5:30ish..which is when my day begins now...if I want to shower).

One of my girlfriends today told me that she couldn't handle 3 kids under the age of 4. She said this as I was getting all 3 out of my car and into the house. I have to say that I am completely exhausted at the end of the day, but it's not all b/c we added one more kid...some of it is b/c Caleb has stopped napping, so I don't get any downtime OR time to get stuff done around the house. I am usually still cleaning/folding laundry/etc until 9:00. He is actually great during the afternoon while Sam naps, but I feel too guilty having him play by himself the whole time and I am not one to put on the TV. He did help me clean the basement yesterday...he's a good little helper.

I thought this was going to be short....(sigh) I better go to bed...let's see if I can get in a few hours of sleep before I'm up w/ Isabella. Look at those dimples - - she's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home