Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Holiday Weekend

Here is Caleb....as Abraham Lincoln. They obviously were talking about our Presidents in preschool this week. Ha! He also made a George Washington hat too, but the pics didn't turn out as well.

We've had another busy week. We started out with a nice low-key holiday weekend. We all celebrated Valentine's Day by having lunch at Culvers (ha) and giving the boys a few small treats. Bernadine came over at about 7:00pm and Justin and I actually had a date night - and on Valentine's Day - WHOO HOO!! We went to a great restaurant - Hugo's Frog Bar & Fish House (thanks to gift certificate from my parents!) and enjoyed a few drinks at the bar while talking and listening to a great piano player...then we had a VERY yummy dinner and just really enjoyed being out together. Very nice night.

The rest of the long weekend was spent doing home improvement projects, cleaning out closets and playing with the kids. The boys enjoyed "helping" Justin with his projects and going on Home Depot trips. We all ran a few other errands together and Izzy and I had a few more outings on our own...just the girls. :)

Although Justin was home on Monday (for Presidents Day), I took the kids to a playdate at Blake's house. Blake is Caleb's best friend from preschool. The boys all played really nicely together - - I think they both thought it was pretty cool to see each other outside of school...they were both really silly and hyper, but got along perfectly, which was so nice.

The rest of the week has been normal...preschool, gymnastics classes, etc. and the kids have all been well behaved. YEAH!! We are heading to Indiana tomorrow - - keeping my fingers crossed that traffic at 3:30 will not be bad (yeah, right!!!) or it's going to be a LOOOOONG ride for me....and Sam (Justin avoids traffic by taking the train from the city to some town in Indiana...lucky him). Bernadine is coming over in the morning to help me out so I can finish packing, cleaning and loading up the car. I will need the help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home