Our Trip to Indy
We made our trip to Indy this past weekend...and the drive there was not as bad as I anticipated, which was great!! It took me alittle over an hour to get to the train station to pick Justin up...and we timed it very well, which was a good thing, considering that it is in a very sketchy Indiana town! Anyway - we left our house at 4:00 and I think we arrived at Justin's parents at about 9:45 pm (we stopped at Cracker Barrel to eat). Naturally, Caleb fell asleep at 9:30 (with no nap that day!!) and woke up when we arrived so he was alittle on the crabby side on Saturday.
Chris's Birthday was Saturday so his family came over around noon to hang out and celebrate his birthday. Jen brought the absolute BEST cupcakes I have ever had in my life....they came from a place called the Flying Cupcake. Unbelievable. The boys all played nicely that day which made it easy to hang out with everyone. Sam & Zach are going to be good little buddies soon - - but Jen & I already talked about how they are definitely going to get into ALOT of trouble together - both are dare devils and feel no pain!! Trouble. Zach already follows Sam around and tries to copy his "stunts" - ha! Aunt Virginia came over on Saturday afternoon to meet Isabella and see all the boys - - I guess the noise level didn't bother her - she decided to stay and have pizza with us all. :)
Sunday, we gave Justin's parents a break (ha) and headed out to shop alittle. The boys (especially Sam) can usually take about one day couped up in a house and that's about it...so we decided to get the kids out and let the grandparents rest alittle. Later that day, their dog Uno came back from the kennel and Caleb had fun playing with him the rest of the afternoon.
We left on Monday and had a smooth drive back - no stopping!! Yeah!!
Yesterday, Caleb enjoyed a fun day at preschool and Sam & I had a great time at his gym class again. Justin came home from work early (back problems) so he watched Izzy & Caleb while Sam & I went grocery shopping. Sam was my little buddy yesterday. :)
Today, Justin was home again. I took all kids to Caleb's gymnastics while he worked alittle, but he stayed home with the boys while I took Isabella to her 2 month appointment. She is doing great - she weighs 11.4 lbs and is 22 1/4 inches long (both are around the 50%). The doctor noticed all the "talking" she did and said that there must be a "talking gene" in our family. haha.
Justin and I are going to our 1st Parent/Teacher conference tomorrow at Caleb's preschool. I think this is so funny - - I'll try to report back soon on how he's doing. haha. Since there are P/T conferences, there is no school...Bernadine is coming over to play with the boys and I'm hoping to run a few errands with Izzy afterwards. The boys are also happy that Grandma is coming tomorrow too!! Although my mom is coming to do a few finishes on our walls, I suspect she will likely get in some good snuggle time with Izzy and alittle playtime with the boys. And I doubt I will change ANY of Sammy's diapers while she is here - YES!!
Chris's Birthday was Saturday so his family came over around noon to hang out and celebrate his birthday. Jen brought the absolute BEST cupcakes I have ever had in my life....they came from a place called the Flying Cupcake. Unbelievable. The boys all played nicely that day which made it easy to hang out with everyone. Sam & Zach are going to be good little buddies soon - - but Jen & I already talked about how they are definitely going to get into ALOT of trouble together - both are dare devils and feel no pain!! Trouble. Zach already follows Sam around and tries to copy his "stunts" - ha! Aunt Virginia came over on Saturday afternoon to meet Isabella and see all the boys - - I guess the noise level didn't bother her - she decided to stay and have pizza with us all. :)
Sunday, we gave Justin's parents a break (ha) and headed out to shop alittle. The boys (especially Sam) can usually take about one day couped up in a house and that's about it...so we decided to get the kids out and let the grandparents rest alittle. Later that day, their dog Uno came back from the kennel and Caleb had fun playing with him the rest of the afternoon.
We left on Monday and had a smooth drive back - no stopping!! Yeah!!
Yesterday, Caleb enjoyed a fun day at preschool and Sam & I had a great time at his gym class again. Justin came home from work early (back problems) so he watched Izzy & Caleb while Sam & I went grocery shopping. Sam was my little buddy yesterday. :)
Today, Justin was home again. I took all kids to Caleb's gymnastics while he worked alittle, but he stayed home with the boys while I took Isabella to her 2 month appointment. She is doing great - she weighs 11.4 lbs and is 22 1/4 inches long (both are around the 50%). The doctor noticed all the "talking" she did and said that there must be a "talking gene" in our family. haha.
Justin and I are going to our 1st Parent/Teacher conference tomorrow at Caleb's preschool. I think this is so funny - - I'll try to report back soon on how he's doing. haha. Since there are P/T conferences, there is no school...Bernadine is coming over to play with the boys and I'm hoping to run a few errands with Izzy afterwards. The boys are also happy that Grandma is coming tomorrow too!! Although my mom is coming to do a few finishes on our walls, I suspect she will likely get in some good snuggle time with Izzy and alittle playtime with the boys. And I doubt I will change ANY of Sammy's diapers while she is here - YES!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home