A Weekend "Get-A-Way"
This past weekend was our attempt at "making up" for a pretty lousy spring break (b/c all the kids were sick). The kids were SUPER pumped to be spending the night at Blue Harbor ..our indoor waterpark/resort. Normally we would not stay overnight (we live 10 minutes away), but Justin and I bid on it at a silent auction and ended up winning (good deal + money goes to great cause...perfect). ANYHOO...the kids were just soooo excited...we picked the boys up from school on Friday and headed straight there. I packed a few snacks and we hung out at the water park until about 6:30, then quickly changed and ate dinner at one of their restaurants. The room was pretty cool (an aquarium room w/ bunk beds) and it didn't take long for the kids (including Justin & I) to fall asleep. :) Saturday we were back to the park from 10 - 3:30....lots of fun.
A few observations:
1) It is absolutely delightful to NOT have to go on everything with each kid (and to make the boys stay together w/ one parent)..the boys are good swimmers and they were safe in every area. They could just do their own thing if Justin or I needed a break (slides were not so good on my back).
2) Izzy had her favorite slide...and did it over and over and over for HOURS. Justin & I were able to grab a beer and sit at a table right at the pool her slide went into and we were all perfectly happy.
3) Caleb's favorite things to do there: 1) the tube slide and 2) being completely drenched when an enormous ship FULL of water tips over (the bells ring about 30 seconds before it tips over). If Caleb was not on the water slide, he would be under that ship.
4) Sam's favorite things: 1) Any water slide and 2) making it through the Lily Pads (see pics)
5) Water parks make it so easy to put the kids to bed...and it helps them sleep longer.
And speaking of water....
As mentioned before, we are swimming Mondays and Tuesdays each week. Izzy has moved into level 2 (yippee!!) and is such a little fish. I am AMAZED at how well she can swim. She cannot touch ANYWHERE in the pool at the Sports Core, but if she has flippers on, she just swims around (w/o water wings) and is actually learning real strokes. Amazing. I can't WAIT until I have 3 good swimmers. When Izzy is NOT in class, I make her wear the water wings b/c 1) I'm a nervous Nelly and 2) I don't feel like jumping in the water with my clothes on.
A lady came up to me today at the pool and said "you sure have 3 little fish." I do...and after dinner I had 3 very tired fish, who were actually excited about reading and going to bed!


1 Comments:
That's where we went when we were there! We loved it! Glad you got a break in there!
Post a Comment
<< Home