Happy Spring!
It may seem as if I gave up blogging for lent….and although that might be a good excuse to give, I think a more accurate reason for the lack of writing is a combination of two things 1) not having the time and 2) being overwhelmed with getting “caught up” with all the news I have missed since the beginning of the year. I decided that I am not even going to try to catch up…I’m going to just write about now...Our “spring break”.
So last week the kids had off school. Because Justin had been out of town for 2 weeks already in March (1 week was not work-related) we didn’t figure it was best to go anywhere for spring break. Feeling a bit bummed about being stuck in the cold and not sure what I was going to do with all the kids every day, I decided to really plan out the week and make it fun for all of us…I had playdates set, trips to movie theater, museum, fun Easter activities…even an overnight stay at Blue Harbor (indoor waterpark that is in town). It was going to be GREAT!! I was even excited about it!! Excited until sickness struck our household…on Monday. And it lasted….until Saturday night. I. Almost. Went. Crazy.
Now Sam was the last of the three to get sick…He didn’t get his fever and cough until Friday night. He spent the ENTIRE week couped up in our house, knowing full well that all of our plans were cancelled even though HE felt great. I didn’t seem fair, but he was the best little boy I could’ve ever hoped for. He was a SUCH a good sport and the best little helper to his sick siblings (and me) and for the ENTIRE week! I asked my mom one day to buy him a lego set b/c 1) he deserved it! And 2) I wasn’t quite sure how long his angelic behavior could last…and I needed something in my “back pocket”.
We did all manage to go to the Croods on Friday afternoon. But after the movie, Sam started running a fever. Poor kid. On Saturday, I took Caleb & Izzy to 2 Easter events in Kohler - - an Easter Egg hunt at the Sports Core and a really cute event at the American Club…they dyed eggs, decorated Easter cookies, made Easter crafts, played games and Izzy met the Easter Bunny. They had such a good time and in between events, we picked up another Lego set for Sam because we felt so bad he was missing out. Izzy & Caleb were good about sharing all their goodies…that helped out too.
And finally on Easter, we had 3 “healthy” (no fever, but still gross cough) kids…they happily looked for goodies the Easter bunny left (Legos for Sam, science stuff & books for Caleb and Lalaloopsie dolls & Disney fairies for Izzy). I think the Easter Bunny felt bad about the week and was spoiling them a little…we went to church, and spent the rest of the day at my mom’s with the whole family. It was wonderful!!
Today, the boys headed back to school, Izzy & I hit the Sports Core and ran errands (I needed many things after being stuck in this house for a week!). And of course our schedule picked up this spring. Caleb starts soccer, but REALLY wanted to continue swimming (he passed all swimming levels a long time ago and has been doing an endurance training class where they also perfect his strokes.. It’s really cool. I think it’s awesome that he truly can do something that I cannot do - - he basically swims laps for 45 minutes. I can do maybe 3 laps and I’m wiped out). ANYWAY, this just adds another after school activity. Thursday is the only "free" day. And if I wrote down my Monday and Wednesday schedule, you’d think I was insane. But I have a hard time saying “no” when my kids ask me to do swimming…I personally don’t enjoy swimming, but I know it’s SO good for them. And I think Caleb could be REALLY good at it….he already is.
So let’s see how well I can keep up with the blog..so many times I have just a quick funny thing I want to write and now that I have “caught up” (ha), I can make sure I capture those moments.


1 Comments:
The other week was not vacation either. It was volunteer work for kids.
Post a Comment
<< Home